As one of the world’s premier manufacturers of luxury watches, Omega is the preferred choice of many A-list celebrities. omega replica watches have been featured in countless movies and TV shows over the years and most recently in the music video for Nick Jonas’ new single “Spaceman”, Omega Speedmaster watches are featured on screen.
The watch that can be seen on his wrist in numerous different scenes (including a couple of close-up shots) is the new Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch with Caliber 3861 movement that was just released earlier this year in January 2021. However, the version worn by Nick Jonas in Spaceman is not the standard stainless steel model, but a version made of Omega’s proprietary 18k Canopus gold alloy.
It’s no secret that Nick Jonas is a watch enthusiast. The Grammy and Golden Globe nominated artist has been spotted wearing everything from Rolex to Richard Mille watches. Judging by the models he wears, the youngest Jonas brother seems to have a penchant for watches, as most of his luxury watches come with eye-popping price tags and many are not the first choice of top celebrities.
Nick Jonas regularly wears watches ranging in price from six figures to over a million dollars, but it was the new Omega Speedmaster Canopus Gold Moon Watch (Ref. 310.60.42.50.02.001) that appeared on his wrist throughout his new “Spaceman” music video. Given the relationship between the Speedmaster collection and the world of space exploration, this luxury version of OMEGA’s iconic Moonwatch seemed like a perfect choice.
The Canopus Gold edition represents the most expensive top model in OMEGA’s new generation of Speedmaster lunar best replica watches, featuring a solid 18-carat Canopus gold case and bracelet, the brand’s Co-Axial Caliber 3861 movement, a silver dial with luminous hour markers, a sapphire crystal, and a display case-back.
OMEGA produced two different solid gold versions of the new moon watch lorenasredwagon.com, one in 18k Sedna gold (a red gold alloy) and the other in 18k Canopus gold (a white gold alloy), which can be seen on Nick Jonas’ wrist throughout the “Spaceman” video. Named after the brightest star in the southern constellation of Carina (brighter than our sun 71 times larger and 10,000 times brighter), Canopus is an 18k white gold exclusive to OMEGA that promises to be brighter and more resistant to wear and tear than traditional white gold alloys.
The new Speedmaster Sedna Gold bracelet retails for $34,800, while the Canopus Gold bracelet retails for $45,300, a full $10,500 price difference. Both the Sedna and Canopus are 18-karat gold alloys, which means that each is composed of 75% pure gold. Red gold is usually made by using a high copper content to create a portion of this extra remaining 25%, but when it comes to Omega’s exclusive Canopus Gold, the actual pure gold is far from the most expensive alloy that makes up its composition.
Canopus Gold has only been available since 2015 and, according to OMEGA, is made up of at least 75% gold and 20% palladium, with the remaining 5% made up mostly of platinum and rhodium. For reference, palladium currently costs nearly twice as much as platinum, and rhodium currently costs more than ten times as much as palladium. This means that OMEGA’s Canopus Gold alloy is made up almost exclusively of the ultra-precious metal. In addition to being more difficult to shape, this helps explain why it costs more than $10,000 more than the 18-carat Sedna solid gold version.
“Spaceman” is both the name of the single and the title of Nick Jonas’ 4th studio album, which was just released today (March 12, 2021). Since OMEGA Speedmaster watches have been involved in all six moon landings and are widely celebrated among enthusiasts as NASA’s official flight qualification watches, no timepiece collection is more richly and intertwined with the history of space exploration than the OMEGA Speedmaster.
Now, if this were real life instead of a music video, Nick Jonas would likely be wearing a classic stainless steel version with Hesalite crystal, or even Omega’s high-tech analog/digital hybrid quartz Speedmaster X-33. However, since Jonas’ character appears to be traveling in a jetpack and lives inside a tiny, mirror-finished house. Therefore, the modern and luxurious Canopus Gold version seems perfect for this stylized and surreal universe-inspired pop music video.